The last 2 days have been hard. The reality and gravity of our election results here in the United States has left me speechless and feeling hollow. At the same time, there is much to say and much to feel. For now, this is all I have to offer...
Things I am not going to do:
- Pretend that everything is "fine".
- Pretend that I'm not angry.
- Pretend that the next four years will go by quickly.
Things I WILL do:
- Stand behind my loved ones whose lives have been instantly made more difficult and frightening and less free.
- Continue to fight for what I believe.
- Set an example for my children so they learn that, even in the darkest and most uncertain of times, it is possible to give love and it is possible to receive love.
- LISTEN and LEARN from those around me to understand more about my fellow Americans and their needs.
- Appreciate the simple beauty in every day.
I will get back to life as usual in terms of the blog very soon. But for now, my emotions are too raw and I need to let that set in a bit.