Happy Halloween, friends! I don't know about you, but with all the stuff to do today I could really use a pick-me-up. Or at least something to look forward to when the madness of trick-or-treating is over. Witch's Cold Brew is cold brewed coffee spiked with some cinnamon simple syrup and vanilla rum. It's a simple concoction that is made even better by the addition of nutmeg scented whipped cream. So, face the evening head on and whip up one of these beauties when you are ready to settle in for the night!
Witch's Cold Brew
Makes 2 cocktails
- 2 cups cold brew coffee (for ease, pick some up from your local coffee shop)
- 2 1/2 ounces vanilla vodka
- 1 ounce cinnamon simple syrup
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg plus more for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker filled halfway with ice, combine the coffee, vanilla vodka, and simple syrup.
- Stir until chilled and strain into two tall, ice-filled glasses.
- Whip the cream and the nutmeg with an electric hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Finish the drinks with a dollop of the cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg.
Cinnamon Simple Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- Combine the sugar, water and cinnamon sticks in a small saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until the sugar has dissolved.
- Reduce the heat and simmer the syrup until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Strain and cool before storing in the fridge or using in a cocktail.