I used to tell my parents that it was, "Okay for me to eat dessert because I have a second stomach for it." Well, it's peach season here in Colorado, and my second stomach really wants peach crisp.. All the time.
In an effort to satisfy my cravings while providing a healthier treat for my family, I came up with this Peach Crisp Smoothie Bowl. It is just as delicious as the real thing and will help get me through the summer with less guilt about that “mythical” second stomach.
The video below is part of a series called Foodie Friday from Penso Entertainment. I am so honored to be able to partner with this genuinely kind, talented, food-loving team. Together, we’re bringing a new feature to Set the Table and helping more people make beautiful, healthy, delicious food for their families.
Peach Crisp Smoothie Bowl
Makes 2 large or 4 small servings
- 12 oz frozen or fresh peach slices
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup granola
- 1/4 cup chopped pecan halves, toasted
- fresh peach slices
- Begin by putting the peaches and banana in a blender.
- Add about a 1/2 cup of the almond milk and pulse a few times.
- Continue adding the almond milk a little a time until you achieve a texture that is thicker than juice but thinner than ice cream.
- Add the cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and pulse 2 or 3 times to combine.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl and arrange the granola, pecans and peach slices on top.
- Serve immediately.