When Brad and I lived in Japan, we used to spend Friday nights enjoying Japanese beer, eating delicious Izakaya food (Japanese fried chicken FTW!) and doing pretty much anything we could to kick off the weekend in true 20-something, childless style. These days, with a 3 year old and 7 month old dictating our schedules and energy levels, we tend to lay low on the weekends. Friday nights involve pizza, sometime a movie, and falling asleep on the couch around 9:30pm. Yes. We are that exciting.
Despite the fact that our lifestyle, in a sense, has become much calmer and subdued when it comes to Friday nights, we still try to keep things fancy by making fun drinks from time to time. I love this Blackberry Vanilla Mocktail because it's delicious and kid-friendly but can easily double as an adults-only beverage. This beautiful drink also gave me some variety when I was pregnant, so if you have moms-to-be coming over for dinner, this is the perfect way to make sure they don't feel left out!
And to show how simple this beautiful beverage is to make, check out my latest video with Penso Entertainment on the FoodieTV Youtube Channel! Don't forget to subscribe to the channel so you don't miss future videos!
Blackberry Vanilla Mocktail
Makes 2 drinks
- 1/3 cup blackberries
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- seeds from 1/4 of a vanilla bean
- Club soda
- Mint and/or lemon slices for garnish
- In the bottom of a large glass or cocktail shaker, crush the blackberries with the lemon juice, honey and vanilla.
- Pour the mixture through a fine sieve set over a glass or liquid measuring cup.
- Fill two short glasses with ice and divide the juice between them. Top with club soda and garnish with mint leaves or lemon slices.